Updated: May 31, 2018
Ok, I get a lot of recipes and ideas from Pinterest and then modify them for my own tastes. So, this recipe comes from dinneratthezoo.com. Oh, and the recipes I'm going to share here were crowd favorites, so that means all the picky eaters (myself and my husband) and our 3 year old son said, "Yummy!". The serving size below is for four. I double the ingredients listed to have left overs. So, here it is.
Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
2 cups small broccoli florets
2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 cup oyster sauce
1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
1 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon coconut aminos
1 teaspoon cornstarch
salt and pepper to taste (the oyster sauce is pretty salty so salt with a light hand)
1. Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the broccoli and cook for approximately 4 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
2. Add the ginger and garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds more.
3. Remove the broccoli from the pan; place on a plate and cover with foil.
4. Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel and turn the heat to high. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil.
5. Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and add them to the pan in a single layer - you may need to do this step in batches. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
6. Add the broccoli back to the pan and cook for 2 more minutes or until the broccoli is warmed through.
7. In a bowl whisk together the oyster sauce, chicken broth, sugar, sesame oil and coconut aminos. In a small bowl mix the cornstarch with a tablespoon of cold water.
8. Pour the oyster sauce mixture over the chicken and broccoli; cook for 30 seconds. Add the cornstarch and bring to a boil; cook for 1 more minute or until sauce has just started to thicken.
9. Serve immediately, with rice if desired.