This is a recipe I have created. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 stalk of celery (about 7 ribs), finely chopped
1 lb of carrots (about 7 carrots), peeled and finely chopped
1 large onion, finely chopped
5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
14.5 oz can stewed tomatoes, diced
8 oz jar roasted red bell peppers, diced
3 oz tomato paste
32 oz chicken stock
1 rotisserie chicken, deboned and torn into bite size pieces
1. Heat the olive oil over medium high heat in a large pot. Add the celery, carrots, onion, garlic, oregano, basil, Italian seasoning, and black pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft and slightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes.
2. Add the stewed tomatoes, roasted bell pepper, and tomato paste and turn the heat up to high and cook for 2 minutes, until most of the moisture from the vegetables is gone.
3. Add the stock and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. While the soup simmers, debone the chicken. After the soup has simmered for 30 minutes, stir in the chicken to heat through. Then serve.
1. This could be made with vegetable stock and no chicken for a vegetarian soup.
2. Render thinly sliced chorizo sausage links first, then set aside. Then, cook the vegetables in the fat from the sausage and then follow the recipe as described, but add the cooked sausage back to the soup in the end instead of chicken.
#recipe #easyrecipe #quickrecipe #yum #food #chicken #chickensoup #chickenvegetablesoup #tomatosoup #vegetablesoup #foodblog #momblog #momblogger #wingleader #wingleaderblog #lifeblog #momlife #momhelp #recipeblog #soup #souprecipe